Former president Donald Trump unveiled a plan to deploy special forces against drug cartels if he is to be reelected in 2024 last week.
Trump revealed the strategy in a video posted to Truth Social
“Joe Biden has sided against the United States and with the cartels,” Trump said. “Biden’s open border policies are a deadly betrayal of our nation.”
“When I am president, it will be the policy of the United States to take down the cartels, just as we took down ISIS and the ISIS caliphate – and just as, unlike the situation we are in today, we had a very, very strong border,” he added.
“The drug cartels are waging war on America—and it’s now time for America to wage war on the cartels,” Trump stated. “The drug cartels and their allies in the Biden administration have the blood of countless millions on their hands.”
“And now we’re laughed at all over the world, and we’re not going to let that happen much longer,” Trump said.
The 45th president continued, “Millions and millions of families and people are being destroyed. When I am back in the White House, the drug kingpins and vicious traffickers will never sleep soundly again.”
Trump’s proposed action items against the cartel included the following:
• “Restore all Trump border policies and fully secure the border”
• “Deploy all necessary military assets, including the US Navy, to impose a full naval embargo on the cartels, to ensure they cannot use our region’s waters to traffic illicit drugs to the US”
• “Order the Department of Defense to make appropriate use of special forces, cyber warfare, and other covert and overt actions to inflict maximum damage on cartel leadership, infrastructure, and operations”
• “Designate the major drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations”
• “Cut off the cartels’ access to the global financial system”
• “Get full cooperation of neighboring governments to dismantle the cartels, or else fully expose the bribes and corruption that protect these criminal networks”
• “Ask Congress to ensure drug smugglers and traffickers can receive the Death Penalty”
President Joe Biden recently visited the border, but prioritized waving a “wand” for illegal immigrants.
This news and commentary by Gabriel Keane originally appeared on Valiant News.